Our Housing team has an outstanding reputation.
Appearing regularly in Chambers Directory, we are described as a leading firm in the UK, acting on behalf of publicly funded tenants, homeless applicants and trespassers/squatters.
We have a proactive team of experienced and extremely knowledgeable solicitors who will work hard to bring your case to a fair conclusion.
We can help with a number of problems including:
- The threat of losing your home or actual eviction proceedings by your landlord (whether it is a Local Authority, Housing Association/Trust or private landlord)
- Harassment and/or unlawful eviction by your landlord
- Mortgage repossession
- Homelessness applications, including reviews, appeals and judicial review of the Local Authority’s decision
- Squatter’s rights
- Neighbour disputes
- We can also assist those needing accommodation but to whom the Housing Act 1996 does not apply because of their immigration status for example or for some other reason. These cases will be dealt with by our Community Care team.
Our solicitors have represented clients in a number of leading cases including:
- NG v Secretary of State for Work and Pensions  UKUT 26 (AAC) (20 January 2012)
- Ravichandran v Lewisham London Borough Council  EWCA Civ 775;  HLR 42 (Admin)
- Mangion v Lewisham London Borough Council  All ER (D) 118
- Dumbuya, R (on the application of) v London Borough of Lewisham  EWHC 1852
- Kamara v London Borough of Southwark  EWCA Civ 1616,  WLR(D) 437
- Panayiotou v London of Waltham Forest  WLR(D) 688,  2 WLR 1439,  EWCA Civ 1624,  HLR 48
- Slater v Lewisham London Borough Council  EWCA Civ 394
Call us if you think we may be able to help you. If we cannot, we will try to point you in the right direction.
Funding –Many of our clients are eligible for free legal advice. We will always advise you as to your eligibility for legal aid and we will help you with your application. If in your particular circumstances legal aid is not available, we offer competitive rates should you wish to instruct us privately and we are happy to discuss the cost of representation in your case.
To make an appointment please telephone 020 8698 9200 or email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org